Ecológica Carmelo is thankful to be part of Casa Flores project design by Fuster + Architects
- Design of a single-family home in the town of Naguabo.
- Awarded: Premio de Honor por la Excelencia en la Arquitectura en la Obra Construida.
- The house is located near the area where hurricane Maria made landfall in Puerto Rico in 2017. It contains easily retracts materials, created for protection during atmospherical catastrophic events.
- The house is constructed with CARMELO Panels, a Structural Insulated Concrete System (GCT), with high R value, that makes it extremely energy efficient and a very cool structure.
- The mortar plaster used on the house walls and ceilings are CARMELO Structural Mortar with a high compressive strength of 4000 psi and a Type-N for finishes that are resistant to sulfate & carbonate attacks. These mortars meet ASTM C109, C270 and C387.
- The house’s compact layout, feels spacious in part because it opens up to a terrace that celebrates outdoor living and links the house to the exterior. The small infinity pool in the terrace connects the long views to the horizon and the ocean to the interior of the house.